Sunday, August 23, 2026

Christmas Mysteries at The Mysterious Bookshop by Otto Penzler (NetGalley ARC, pub 9/8)

Christmas Mysteries at The Mysterious Bookshop by Otto Penzler (NetGalley ARC, pub 9/8) I requested this book on NetGalley for kindle and the formatting was so bad it was barely readable. I relayed it to tech support who notified the publisher and they removed the kindle option but didn’t resolve it. I was stuck reading it on my computer - I would not have requested the ARC if it had not been available for kindle and this affected my reading experience. I enjoyed the variety of settings/characters for these stories, some of which had more prominent Christmas themes than others and of course being centered around a mystery bookshop was fun. I liked the concept but the execution was hit or miss, as happens with short story collections. Thank you to NetGalley and Penzler Publishers for the ARC.




No comments: